Community Development is a division of the Regional Planning Department. The Community Development Division coordinates grant management for local, state and federal grants, including Community Development Block Grants (CDBG).
Division responsibilities include:
- Providing grant administration and reporting for State, Federal and community grants for the City and Community Development
- Maintaining certified Grant Administrator status required for Nebraska Department of Economic Development grants
- Serving as a CDBG grant resource
- Facilitating service referrals to other community agencies
- Preparing and Administering Consolidated Plan and Annual Action Plan for CDBG funding.
- Serving as City liaison to a variety of non-profit agencies and other community groups working to enhance community development
- Managing and reporting economic development and non-economic development program re-use funds
- Monitoring grantees and meeting multiple grant related requirements
Public Service Grant
The City of Grand Island Community Development Division announces the availability of funds for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funded activities in a form of a grant for agencies within the community of Grand Island. The funds are authorized under the Housing and Community Development Act f 1974, as amended , and are received from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Please find below the Public Service Grant Application and Sub-Recipient Manual: