Frank Slezak, Park Superintendent
Phone: (308) 385-5426
Email Park Superintendent
General Park Information
The Park Maintenance Division is responsible for the planning development and maintenance of parks and municipal facilities and providing advice on actions needed to enhance the quality of park facilities in the City. The Division is responsible for over 325 acres of parkland and open space as well as community facilities. These areas include athletic fields, the Hike/Bike Trails, playgrounds, lakes public facilities, and swimming pools. Take a look at our Park Directory for a matrix of what's available and where. Our parks are open year round, however some facilities are operated on a seasonal basis. Park hours are 5:30 a.m.-11:00 p.m. daily. Restrooms are scheduled to open May 1st and close October 1st. Dates may change due to weather.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Fireworks are prohibited at all times.
- Motor vehicles are restricted to established roads and parking lots.
- Horses are prohibited.
- Fires are restricted to fire pits and grills.
- Posting of posters and advertisements are prohibited.
- Vendor permits are required.
- Please clean up after your pets.
- All lakes a subject to Nebraska Game and Parks rules.
- Swimming is only allowed in the municipal pools.
- NO swimming is allowed at any of the city owned lakes.
People who enjoy working with plants are encouraged to volunteer at the city greenhouse located at 1707 W. Oklahoma. Horticulturist Brad Foster will be needing assistance through the year for a variety of duties including transplanting, planting seeds and planting flower beds. Anyone wanting to volunteer should contact Brad at 385-5303.