STREET / LANE CLOSURES WITHIN THE CITY OF GRAND ISLAND
Last Updated 12/12/2017 8:30 am
- Eastbound 3rd Street from Cedar Street to Clark Street will be closed through approximately December 22, 2017 to allow for installation of new water main.
ALLEY-CUSTER & WALDO FROM 4TH TO 5TH STREET
- Beginning December 8, 2017 the alley between Custer & Waldo, from 4th & 5th Street, will be having concrete repairs done. This will be a complete closure at the South end of the alley. Work is expected to be complete by December 15, 2017.
- The Street Division will be working on the shoulder of the road for both north and south bound traffic between Hwy 30 and Stolley Park December 12,2017. Please use caution in these work zones.
- James Road will be closed north from Husker Highway to the entrance at Riverbend Apartments to allow for sanitary sewer construction in the area. This closure is anticipated to last through December 31, 2017.
SANITARY SEWER CLEANING / TELEVISING LOCATIONS
- This section will be updated periodically, as the crews move throughout various parts of the City. Work in these locations will consist of flushing & root foaming sanitary sewer lines, as well as televising lines for a current pipe condition. Please use caution in these work zones.
- Crew 1 - Downtown area.
- Crew 2 - Downtown area.
- TV crew is in the downtown area.
SOUTH LOCUST STREET
- South Locust Street will be completely closed beginning November 6, 2017 to south bound traffic just south of Anna Street through just south of W. Phoenix Avenue. South Locust Street north bound traffic between those same areas will be open to the outside lane only. Please follow the detour signs that will be in place. This closure is anticipated to last through December 22, 2017.