STREET / LANE CLOSURES WITHIN THE CITY OF GRAND ISLAND
Last Updated 10/17/2017 3:02 pm
- Eastbound 3rd Street from Cedar Street to Clark Street will be closed through approximately December 22, 2017 to allow for installation of new water main.
- 8th Street between Lambert Street and Market Street will be closed for railroad track repair beginning Thursday, October 12, 2017. Roadway closure on 8th Street will not take place until 7th Street is open (Thursday evening). Closure expected to be in place from October 12, 2017 until October 20, 2017.
16th & LOCUST STREET NORTH
- Beginning September 21, 2017 the north side of the intersection will be completely closed for utility and water repair until approximately October 27, 2017. Please follow the detour that will be in place.
16th & SYCAMORE STREET NORTH
- Beginning September 29,2017 the intersection will be completely closed for utility repair until approximately October 13, 2017. Please follow the detour that will be in place.
- Beginning September 18,2017 the Streets Division will be working on repairing the concrete to the west lanes on Faidley Avenue from Howard Avenue to Orleans Drive. Please follow the detour that will be in place. Saint Francis will be accessible from the west.
- James Road will be closed north from Husker Highway to the entrance at Riverbend Apartments to allow for sanitary sewer construction in the area. This closure is anticipated to last through October 31, 2017.
- North Road, south of Highway 2 will be closed October 18 - October 23, 2017 to allow for installation of water main.
- Phoenix Avenue between S. Locust Street and S. Eddy street will be closed to remove and replace a sanitary manhole beginning October 9, 2017 for approximately 2 weeks.
SANITARY SEWER CLEANING / TELEVISING LOCATIONS
- This section will be updated periodically, as the crews move throughout various parts of the City. Work in these locations will consist of flushing & root foaming sanitary sewer lines, as well as televising lines for a current pipe condition. Please use caution in these work zones.
- Crew 1 - Webb Rd. & 13th St. area.
- Crew 2 - Riverside area.
- Crew 3 - Sagewood & 13th St. area.
- TV crew is in the downtown area.
US 281 NORTHBOUND BETWEEN STATE ST AND HIGHWAY 2
- Northbound US 281 between State Street and Highway 2 will be closed for concrete pavement repair beginning on Monday, October 2, 2017.
- Northbound US 281 traffic should follow the signed detour which begins at 13th Street.
- Northbound US 281 traffic at State Street will be expected to turn east or west.
Contact Bob Nordhues with the Nebraska DOT for more information at 308-385-6888, Ext. 104
VETERANS ATHLETIC COMPLEX
- Drainage improvements will be constructed at the entrance to the Veterans Athletic Complex from July 27, 2017 through approximately October 15, 2017. One driveway will be open at all times into the complex.