STREET / LANE CLOSURES WITHIN THE CITY OF GRAND ISLAND
Last Updated 3/30/2017 @ 1:51 pm
4TH TO 5TH STREET, EDDY TO SYCAMORE STREET AND LIONS PARK IMPROVEMENTS
- The curb ramp and sidewalk construction for the 4th Street corridor from Eddy to Sycamore will resume on February 13, 2017.
Construction on 4th Street generally includes curb ramp installation in accordance with the American with Disability Act (ADA). Select sidewalk replacement will also occur in the 4th Street corridor.
Lions Park Improvements generally include the construction of the new basketball and futsal courts, sidewalk replacement and curb ramp installation. Court surfacing will be installed in the spring of 2017. Future improvements to Lions Park include replacement of the existing playground equipment and the installation of a second futsal court, as funding becomes available.
The additional closure of Adams Street north to Church Road will begin Wednesday, March 1, and will be closed until mid-July. Construction during this closure will include the removal of existing pavement, installation of storm sewer, and relocation of other utilities. Additional lane shifts on Stolley Park will occur during this period for handicap ramps and traffic signal installation at the Adams Street intersection.
For more information on the roadway project, and other Public Works projects, visit the projects webpage at www.grand-island.com/2017projects. The Public Works Department can also be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GI.PublicWorks and on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/GIPublicWorks.
- March 30, 2017 through March 31, 2017 Lafayette Avenue will be closed to thru traffic from Capital Avenue to Cottage Street to allow for sanitary sewer rehabilitation in the area.
SANITARY SEWER CLEANING / TELEVISING LOCATIONS
This section will be updated periodically, as the crews move throughout various parts of the City. Work in these locations will consist of flushing & root foaming sanitary sewer lines, as well as televising lines for a current pipe condition. Please use caution in these work zones.
- Crew 1 - Flushing in various areas of the City
- Televising crew will be in various areas of the City
SOUTH FRONT STREET
- South Front Street, from Broadwell Avenue to Tilden Street, will be closed from March 27, 2017 to approximately April 17, 2017 to allow for installation of a new water main under the Union Pacific Railroad tracks at Logan Street. Access to Ace Hardware from South Front Street/Broadwell Avenue will be maintained at all times.
- The Union Pacific Railroad crossing at Stuhr Road, between US Highway 30 & Bismark Road, will be closed March 30-31, 2017 for emergency track repairs.