STREET / LANE CLOSURES WITHIN THE CITY OF GRAND ISLAND
Last Updated 7/17/2018 8:00 AM
7TH & JEFFERSON STREET
- Beginning April 19, 2018 Jefferson Street north of 6th Street to the north side of the alley will be closed. 7th Street west of Adams Street will be closed. Please follow the signs in place.
- 10th Street will be closed on the west side of the intersection of 10th and Eddy for concrete repair by the Streets Division Beginning June 11, 2018 and should reopen July 27, 2018 residential traffic will be able to enter the block no through traffic
- 10th Street will be closed from Clark to Greenwich for concrete repairs by the Streets Division beginning July 5, 2018 and should reopen July 27, 2018 residential traffic will be able to enter the block no through traffic.
- 10th Street will be closed from Greenwich to Lincoln for concrete repairs by the Streets Division beginning July 17, 2018 and should reopen July 27, 2018 residential traffic will be able to enter the block no through traffic.
- Closure from North Road and the 13th Street intersection to Cedar Ridge is scheduled to begin on May 29, 2018 and will remain closed until early August. Cedar Ridge Court will have two access points at all times.
17TH STREET/STATE STREET/WALNUT STREET
- Beginning June 18, 2018 there will be street closures for a water main project.
- State Street between Cedar Street and Wheeler Avenue will be completely closed.
- 17th Street between Cedar Street and Wheeler Avenue will be completely closed.
- Please follow the detour signs in place. This is anticipated to last 3 weeks.
- Curb ramp construction has begun on Beal Street from 4th Street to 14th Street. The roadway will remain open to traffic. This will begin June 8th and is expected to last approximately 6-8 weeks.
- Beginning July 16, 2018 Broadwell Avenue between 7th Street and 8th Street will be completely closed for utility work for the new Jefferson Elementary. This should last approximately 2 weeks. Please follow the detour signs in place.
CLEBURN STREET NORTH
- Cleburn Street North between 18th Street and State Street will be closed beginning Thursday, July 12, 2018 through July 19, 2018. This will be open to Southbound thru traffic only. Please follow the detour signs in place.
- Beginning July 23, 2018, Custer Avenue between 10th Street and Vandergrift Avenue will be closed to northbound and southbound traffic for installation of a new sewer force main. The intersection of 13th and Custer Avenue will remain open to eastbound and westbound traffic. The area between 11th Street and Vandergrift is anticipated to reopen by July 31st. The area between 10th Street and 11th Street on Custer Avenue is anticipated to reopen by August 6, 2018.
- On Monday April 9, 2018 the underpass will be opened to one lane traffic in each direction with turning restrictions. Please expect delays and use caution when driving through the work zone area. The work is being done by the EPA and expected to last through December 2018.
- Hancock Avenue from Westside Street to 17th Street will be closed to through traffic beginning July 16, 2018 to approximately July 30, 2018 to allow for continued work of relocating sanitary sewer Lift Station No. 11.
- On July 9, 2018 the Nebraska Department of Transportation will resume work on Highway 281. Please contact Bob Nordhues, 308-385-6888, Ext. 104 with any further questions.
- Southbound ramp from Hwy 2 to Hwy 281 to Capital Avenue closed
INGALLS STREET/LOUISE STREET
- The intersection of Ingalls Street and Louise Street will be closed for water main work beginning June 11, 2018 until July 24, 2018. Work will also be taking place on the following streets with no road closures anticipated at this time:
- John Street between Ingalls Street and Garland Street
- Louise Street between Ingalls Street and Garland Street
LOCUST STREET SOUTH/I-80 BRIDGE
- NDOT will be working on South Locust Street at the I-80 bridge resulting in a partial closure beginning July 19, 2018 through August 9, 2018.
For more information:
SANITARY SEWER CLEANING
- Crew 1 is with TV crew working in different areas around town
- Crew 2 will be Flushing at Stagecoach to Stolley – Apache & Locust
- Crew 3 will be in the Seedling Mile, Museum Drive area
SEEDLING MILE ACCESS ROAD
- Seedling Mile Access Road between Highway 30 and Seedling Mile Road will be closed starting Monday, July 16, 2018. This is to allow for emergency sewer repair. The road will be closed for approximately 4 weeks. Please follow the detour signs in place.
SEEDLING MILE ROAD
- Beginning July 19, 2018 Seedling Mile Road will be completely closed from Wainwright St. to Main St. to allow for water service work for Grand Island Public Schools. This will be closed until July 30, 2018. Please follow the detour signs in place.