STREET / LANE CLOSURES WITHIN THE CITY OF GRAND ISLAND
Last Updated 5/16/2018
7TH & JEFFERSON STREET
- Beginning April 19, 2018 Jefferson Street north of 6th Street to the north side of the alley will be closed. 7th Street west of Adams Street will be closed. Please follow the signs in place.
- Beginning May 14, 2018 8th Street between Broadwell Avenue and Adams Street will be completely closed to allow for a water service installation. This is anticipated to last 2 weeks. Please follow the detour signs in place.
Beginning May 9, 2018 17th Street between Clark Street and Eddy Street will be completely closed. On 17th Street between Cleburn Street and Elm Street the parking lane only will be restricted. This is to allow for a water main repair and will last approximately 2 weeks. Please use the traffic detour signs in place.
- Beginning May 14, 2018 Broadwell Avenue between 14th Street and 15th Street will have Southbound traffic using the center turn lane. This is to allow for water service repair. Please use the signs in place. This is anticipated to last until May 21, 2018.
- On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 Capital Avenue will be closed to Westbound traffic between Sky Park Rd and the railroad tracks just east of Oak Street. This is to allow for repairs to sanitary sewer manholes. Eastbound traffic will not be effected. Please follow the detour signs in place. This is anticipated to last approximately 10 days.
- On Monday April 9, 2018 the underpass will be opened to one lane traffic in each direction with turning restrictions. Please expect delays and use caution when driving through the work zone area. The work is being done by the EPA.
- Beginning May 10, 2018 Husker Hwy. will be closed between North Road and James Road to allow for utility work. This is anticipated to last approximately 2 weeks. Please follow the signs in place.
- Beginning May 8,2018 the Street Division will be on Hwy 2 for pothole repairs there will be intermittent lane closures please use caution when driving around the work zone areas.
- Lawrence Lane will be closed for concrete repair at the intersection of Lawrence Lane and State Street. Work will begin on May 1 ,2018 and will last to May 15,2018
- The 2018 Pavement Marking program will begin May 7,2018 during the night time. We will be starting with school crossing and some residential areas. There will be some intermittent closures while this work is being done. Please use caution when driving in the work areas.
SANITARY SEWER CLEANING
- Crew 1 is with TV crew working in different areas around town
- Crew 2 will be Flushing at Stagecoach to Stolley – Apache & Locust
- Crew 3 will be in the Seedling Mile, Museum Drive area
- Starting May 21, 2018 State Street between Lafayette Avenue and Park Avenue will be closed to thru traffic. This is expected to last until June 11, 2018. Please use the detour signs in place.