- Complete and submit an application to the Building Inspection Department. Applications are available at the Building Inspection Office in City Hall or online under ‘Forms’. There is no fee to submit an application.
- Residential - Submit 2 sets of plans for review.
- Commercial - Submit 3 sets of plans for review.
*Necessary documents that must be submitted for plan review vary based on the complexity and size of the project.
*Plans must be drawn to scale, dimensioned and of sufficient clarity to be read easily.
*Some projects are required by state law to have plans that are certified by an engineer or architect registered under the laws of the State of Nebraska.
The amount of time varies based upon the complexity of the work, but generally you can expect the following time frames:
- Shingling and Siding permits are issued at the counter.
- Simple add-on or garage permits will be processed within 10 to 15 working days.
- Residential building permits may take up to 15 working days.
- Commercial building permits for new construction and remodeling could take up to 20 working days depending on the complexity.
Building Permit Fees are established based on the valuation of the project. In addition, plan review fees are assessed for certain new residential and all commercial projects.
The Building Permit Fee Schedule can found in the left menu.