Asphalt resurfacing is planned at the following locations (click here to view map)
• Pioneer Boulevard – Blaine Street to Stolley Park Road (2013-AC-1)
• Northwest Avenue – Capital Avenue to Utah Avenue (2013-AC-1)
• Fonner Park Road – Pleasant View Drive to Stuhr Road (2013-AC-1)
• Husker Highway – US Highway 281 to 200’ west of North Road (2013-AC-1)
• Old Potash Highway – US Highway 281 to 200’ west of North Road (2013-AC-2)
This work consisted of removing the top surface of the asphalt pavement and overlaying one or two layers of new asphaltic concrete. Removal was accomplished by milling (grinding up asphalt that can then be recycled). After the asphaltic concrete work was completed, Streets Division employees replaced the pavement markings.
Click here to view map
The first 2013 Asphalt Resurfacing Project; 2013-AC-1, was awarded to Gary Smith Construction Co., Inc on November 12, 2013 in the amount of $439,184.16. This project was completed on August 21, 2013 for a total cost of $439,423.75.
The second 2013 Asphalt Resurfacing Project; 2013-AC-2, was award to Gary Smith Construction Co., Inc. also on November 12, 2013 in the amount of $162,197.75. This project was completed on August 20, 2013 for a total cost of $158,479.88.