Asphalt resurfacing was completed at the following locations (click HERE to view map)
• North Road – Stolley Park Road to US-Highway 30
• Stolley Park Road – North Road to UPRR Spur Line
• Manchester Road – Engleman Road to Mansfield Road
• Mansfield Road – Horseshoe Place to Manchester Road
• State Street – Lafayette Avenue to Broadwell Avenue
This work consisted of removing the top surface of the asphalt pavement and overlaying one or two layers of new asphaltic concrete. Removal was accomplished by milling (grinding up asphalt that can then be recycled). After the asphaltic concrete work was completed, Streets Division employees replaced the pavement markings.
Click HERE to view map
J.I.L. Asphalt Paving Company of Grand Island, Nebraska was awarded the $531,871.56 contract on June 10, 2014 & completed the work on September 29, 2014 for a total cost of $529,811.78.