The Wastewater Administration building, which was designed in 1978, is located at 3013 East Swift Road. The 3,500 square feet building is the primary station for employees involved with management, accounting, laboratory and operations.
Over the 4 decades since the building was completed, the building, safety, and environmental regulations have increased, and become more stringent. Additionally, the plant operations have expanded with the growth of the City.
As part of assessing the Wastewater Division’s ability to comply with existing and anticipated environmental regulations the lab was reviewed. Identified issues included:
- A Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system shared with the laboratory and rest of the building, posing an immediate safety hazard.
- Lack of a fire suppression system.
- Outdated and/or marginally functional equipment.
- Limited physical space that will not be able to accommodate future needs.
- Electrical and mechanical limitations that must be expanded to handle future needs and can be made more efficient.