Community Development is a division of the Regional Planning Department. The Community Development Division coordinates grant management for local, state and federal grants, including Community Development Block Grants (CDBG).
Division responsibilities include:
- Providing grant administration and reporting for State, Federal and community grants for the City and Community Development
- Maintaining certified Grant Administrator status required for Nebraska Department of Economic Development grants
- Serving as a CDBG grant resource
- Facilitating service referrals to other community agencies
- Preparing and Administering Consolidated Plan and Annual Action Plan for CDBG funding.
- Serving as City liaison to a variety of non-profit agencies and other community groups working to enhance community development
- Managing and reporting economic development and non-economic development program re-use funds
- Monitoring grantees and meeting multiple grant related requirements
CITY OF GRAND ISLAND
NOTICE OF PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD REGARDING THE CONSOLIDATED ANNUAL PERFORMANCE EVALUATION REPORT (CAPER) FOR
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG) ACTIVITIES
TO ALL INTERESTED AGENCIES, GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the City Of Grand Island for a 30-day Public Comment Period to provide an opportunity for city residents to give input regarding the City’s Community Development HUD Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER). This Report discusses how the Department allocated and expended its Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds. The CAPER addresses progress achieved in attaining goals and meeting its priorities.
30-day public comment period will begin on Monday, November 19, 2018, and end on Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 5:00 p.m. All residents, property owners, persons with disabilities, immigrants, seniors, low-income, children and youth, homeless persons, and other stakeholders of the City of Grand Island are encouraged to submit written comments or questions regarding the draft CAPER to Amber Alvidrez, Community Development Administrator, located at City Hall.
Written comments should be addressed to Community Development Administrator, P.O. Box 1968, Grand Island, NE 68802, and will be accepted if received on or before Friday, December 1, 2017. A copy of the draft 2017 CAPER will be available on or before November 19, 2018 for public review weekdays between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at City Hall, at the above mentioned location or available anytime on the City of Grand Island’s website at: http://grand-island.com/your-government/regional-planning/community-development/public-notices
If special accommodations for persons with disabilities or non-English speaking persons are needed, please contact the Amber Alvidrez at 308-385-5444 ext. 212 no later than December 11, 2017.
El aviso publico esta disponible en Español. Por favor, visite www.grand-island.com/yourgovernment/regional-planning/community-development/public-notices para ver la traducción.2017 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report